The US Embassy in Nepal announced the DV program on October 03, 2018
The application period of the US 2020 Diversity Visa (DV) program for Nepalis is nearing its completion on November 06, 2018 (10:45 pm local time; Kartik 20, 2075 B.S.).
The US Embassy in Nepal announced the DV program on October 03, 2018 (9:45 pm local time in Nepal; Ashwin 17, 2075 B.S.) calling for early participation of the program entrants.
Key guidelines put forth by the US Embassy in Nepal (as in its official release on October 03, 2018):
- Applying is FREE: There is NO FEE to enter the DV lottery.
- Consultants Not Necessary: The U.S. Embassy recommends against using a consultant to assist you with your application. Please consider using a family member, friend or other trusted person if you need assistance. No matter who provides assistance, you are solely responsible for your own application.
- Apply online: Entries for the 2020 Diversity Visa lottery must use the electronic Diversity Visa entry form (E-DV) at www.dvlottery.state.gov during the registration period.
- Entire family on application: When registering, you must list your spouse and all of your unmarried children under the age of 21 at the time of application. Submissions without the inclusion of family members will make your entry invalid.
- Do not include non-eligible family members: A new policy change has been made for the 2020 program year. Entries will now be disqualified if they include individuals who are not an eligible spouse or child of the primary applicant.
- One application per person: You may submit only ONE application. Applicants who submit more than one application will be disqualified from consideration.
- Submit a recent photo: Entries submitted with the same photo from the last DV year will be disqualified. Be sure to follow the photo rules precisely and associate each photo with the correct person on your application. Please note that applicants may not wear glasses or hats in their photos.
- Be sure to print and save your confirmation number: This number is the only way to check your status.
- Never give your confirmation number to anyone.
- The only method of determining whether you were selected for the DV is by entering your confirmation number at www.dvlottery.state.gov on or after May 7, 2019 (Baisakh 24, 2076).
It has to be noted that the selected entrants will not receive any email confirming their selection to the program. And, the program doesn’t also guarantee that the selected candidate will receive Visa even upon selection.
“If you do get a visa interview, a Consular Officer will determine whether you meet the qualifications and are eligible for the DV under U.S. immigration law,” said the release.
Following URLs provide you respective information:
- https://go.usa.gov/xRuzM for a checklist of what to bring to the interview
- dvlottery.state.gov or https://np.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas for more details about the DV program
The Diversity Visa (DV) or Electronic Diversity Visa (E-DV) and Green Card Lottery are the US Government’s lottery programs that offer the United States Permanent Resident Card. The Department of State administers the program, while the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) conducts it.
The program is focused on bringing 50,000 immigrants annually to diversify the United States immigrant population. For that, the government selects applicants from countries that report les number of immigrants in their last five-year record.
As of 2017, the program receives around 20 million applications annually.