Tourist arrivals from UK increased by 15 percent to 63,086 from 2017 and the total number of tourist numbers rose by 25 percent to 1.1 million
Events in Nepal
Nepal Tourist Board is organizing Nepal Tourism Board Roadshows for agents and operators in January as part of its ‘Visit Nepal 2020’ campaign.
The UK-focused trade promotion comes as a mechanism to draw 2 million tourists by 2020 with the theme ‘Lifetime Experience’.
These roadshows will provide a platform for new initiatives, promotions & visibility and selling methods for Nepal as an adventurous, safe and exciting tourist destination.
The roadshows are scheduled for (Date & Venue):
- January 21, 2019 – Jojolapa Bar & Restaurant, Birmingham
- January 22, 2019 – The Castlefield Rooms, Manchester
- January 23, 2019 – We the Curious, Bristo
Please note: A prize draw will be held at each event to win an eight-day holiday for two in Nepal.
Some key Initiatives Under Visit Nepal 2020 Campaign
- Nepal is primarily focusing on the construction of new international airports and tourism infrastructure development as part of the international initiative
- Nepal Tourism Ministry has paced up reconstruction and renovation of all heritage sites damaged due to the 2015 earthquake, most of which are close to completion
- Heritage sites in Patan and Kathmandu were recently opened to public out of which 70 percent reconstruction is finalized
- Eight new hotels are due for opening in 2019 for the expansion of accommodating tourists in Kathmandu, Pokhara and other urban areas in Nepal
- Tourist arrivals from UK increased by 15 percent to 63,086 from 2017 and the total number of tourist numbers rose by 25 percent to 1 million
Share this post