Veronica Cody, EU Ambassador to Nepal, will inaugurate the event in Pokhara, which is going to be held next in Kathmandu
In an exciting update for Nepal film lovers, the European Film Festival is coming to enthuse the Pokhara film audience for the first time.
This seventh iteration of the festival is coming to the Lake City with its special screenings scheduled during July 7- 8, 2018.
Planned to be screened at the Pokhara Chamber of Commerce in Gairapatan, the festival will feature movies of different nations:
- Tiger Theory- A Czech Republic movie by Radek Bajgar
- Defenders of Riga- A Latvian movie by Aigars Grauba
- Berlin Babylon – A German TV drama based on novels by Volker Kutscher (de)
- My Pure Land – A UK film by Sarmad Masud
- The Odyssey – A French biographical adventure by Jérôme Sall, and other specially-selected from Finnish Shorts
Veronica Cody, EU Ambassador to Nepal, will inaugurate the event in Pokhara, which is going to be held next in Kathmandu.
The Kathmandu edition of the fest will take place in Nepal Tourism Board premises at Bhrikutimandap and will showcase a dozen films:
- Bauhaus – A German film
- Escape from Moomin Valley- A Finnish movie
- The Luxembourg Studio
- Gazing into the Distance – A Portugal movie
- Taranta on the Road – A Italian Film
Special screenings under the fest also include documentaries on European heritage, art & culture, along with fiction films that speak the art of filmmaking, says British Council, co-host of the fest.
The entry is free of cost for all the screenings.