Every country has their own culture, traditions, languages as well as music based on their cultural background. Music is not only considered a source of amusement, but also a way of language that can even bring the nations together.
Like any other nation, Nepal has its own music as well as musical instruments that have been growing very rapidly in popularity over the years. The country is home to many popular music genres played by their top bands as well as famous artists. Music genres from some other countries such as India and Tibet have a huge impact on Nepalese music.
With the passage of time, the Nepal music industry has evolved gradually producing songs and music of various genres such as new, rock or any other that interests music lovers. Some well-known Nepal musicians have composed a variety of amazing Nepali Songs with meaningful lyrics. The songs not only attracted the people of Nepal but also received admiration from the global audience.
Following are the top 5 beautiful Nepali songs of 2018 that you have ever listened to:
- Funtastic Pani Paryo – This is one of the popular songs from Nepal’s popular singer Almoda Rana. This song was released nation-wide and has been one of the popular songs for almost a year period. Melodious combination of English and Nepali lyrics makes this song stand-out. The song was also the best pop song award-winner in the country.
- Junkers – Sung by Bipul Chettri, this song involves traditional and classical musical instruments such as vocals and guitar. For its lyrics, it gained popularity in Nepal and across the world.
- Nira Jaile Risaune – Nira Jaile Risaune is a song by Kali Prasad Baskota, a famous Nepali singer who is also a musician and lyricist. Composed by Baskota himself, the song was one of the super hits in Nepal and has also achieved an incredible popularity from the global audience.
- Thamel Bazar – This is Nepal’s one of the most popular item songs by Kali Prasad Baskota, Bhanubhakta Dhakal, and Meena Niraula. This is one of the super hits from the Nepali movie Loot 2. Produced by the Princess Movies & Black Horse Pictures Production, this is a Nepali song with good lyrical value.
- Kutu Ma Kutu – Kutu Ma Kutu is a song by Rajan Raj Shiwakoti, Rajan Ishan and Melina Rai. Presented by Black Horse Pictures and G21 Production, this song has received wide applause across the country and was the first Nepali YouTube video that gained a huge number of views up to 20 million. This super hit song belongs to the film Dui Rupaiya.
Likewise, Nepali music industry has produced many such good songs that have really earned wide recognition, globally, over the years. There are a good number of melody numbers in Nepali music!
Guest Post by Fozia Falak