Jun 21, 2017
During the second joint meeting of the executive body, the newly elected representatives of Kathmandu Metropolitan City (KMC) approved a budget of Rs 2.25 million each to every ward in the metropolis for infrastructure development and upgradation.
The meeting allocated:
- Rs 1 million for maintenance of road and sidewalks
- Rs 700,000 for laying bricks and stones
- Rs 300,000 for sewage and drainage management
- Rs 200,000 for cleaning road
- Rs 25,000 for other expenses
The meeting also urged the government not to issue additional taxi operation permits for the Kathmandu Valley.
Mayor Bidya Sundar Shakya said the Valley roads were already congested and adding more taxis would make matter worse.
His remarks come at a time when the government is preparing to hand over 1,500 taxis to the quake sufferers in 14 districts, including the three districts inside the Valley.