July 14, 2017
A major fire resulting from an electric short circuit in Itahari of Sunsari district has caused a severe damage to property and resulted in losses of over Rs 65 million. The fire which broke out shortly after midnight at a warehouse of marbles and tiles, spread to the nearby Patanjali Ayurveda Pharmacy before it was brought under control by fire personnel. The local police said that a major catastrophe had been averted as the fire had spread perilously close to a nearby petrol pump before it could be controlled.
There were no casualties in the mishap as the security guards called for the fire engines and the police almost immediately.
The overall extent of damage and actual losses incurred are yet to be ascertained.